Tuesday 18 October 2011

Life's a Bitch

Life's a Bitch and Destiny's a Master Player! And when these two join hands, they neither catapult you to Cloud 9 nor pull you down into the dumps. They simply hang you somewhere in between. And that is exactly where I am today -   in the middle of nowhere. 
Confused if I should be happy at the turn of event or sad at their sudden time-line, I'm generally feeling blue since morning. 
And on any normal day, I turn to my bestest buddy ASD for advice 'cz I know come what may, she will give me the sanest piece of advice possible.
But since it’s a matter involving the Bitch and her accomplice Master Player working overtime to screw things nice and proper for me, Anjali turned out to be the one to put me into this dilemma.
So, with confusion running amok among the grey cells, major events popping up like wild mushrooms, life's most important decisions staring me in the face and my bestest buddy at the helm of these affairs, where do I go?
Well one grey cell screamed may be I should go to my Blog Buddies!! So here I am, giving words to my gravest doubts!
So now, coming back to my dilemma. ASD who is my absolute sweetheart, a darling and my most trusted confidante, has landed me in a terrible fix with an offer that I can neither reject nor get myself to accept. 
I mean, I want to accept but dunno if I should or not, considering my earlier experiences and consequent decisions.
Ohk...so without fooling around, I should directly come to the point and state that ASD today proposed to me on behalf of her brother, who I hardly know and haven’t even met (he's been away from home for years now like any other normal Indian Army man).
But yes, through ASD and her family and friends, I know he is a gentleman, a caring, understanding, family man who happens to be part of the glorious Green Brigade which has always been the subject of my affections and attention. But if he will turn out to be my Mr Right, I do not know. I’m unable to decide as to what should I do. Should I consider meeting him or not?
The thought of being a part of my best friend’s family is thrilling no doubt. But the responsibility gets more than just doubled when you are so close to someone and she trusts you blindly to the extent that she feels no one but YOU can be the Ms. Right for her only younger brother who she loves even more than her own child or when she says that only YOU can be a daughter to her mom while she, the daughter by birth, will be miles away.
The thought is sweet at the same time a bit scary. Will I be able to fulfil her expectations and will I be a good, dutiful daughter(-in-law) to her mom; an ideal sister(-in-law) to my best friend and the perfect wife to her brother?? I dunno...!! 
All I know is that ASD, in connivance with the Bitch and the Master Player, has stumped me yet again and the trio is trying its best to overthrow my mighty plans of staying single....forever!! I'm scared...to say the least!!!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know too much about al this but I'd say it's a safe bet to consider getting to know him before you make a decision. I'm sure they'd agree and understand.

    As for you being dutiful and perfect girl! you've got the best situation ever! I'd kill to get my BFF as my sister-in-law and her family as mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PeeVee...u r right!! the mere thought of having my best frnd as SIL is thrilling beyond words...n i guess the confusion is almost gone now..iv decided to meet him n get to kno him...then wtevr we decide, wud b worked out by the families :))
    thnx dear :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I would not advise on this matter at all :)

    Go by your intuition, a woman's intuition can never be wrong. If you have doubts about it, perhaps, it's not worth it....

    And, to what PeeVee said, I doubt I would like to be in a situation like that, what if I fight with my husband, then I can not even bitch about it to my BFF? :D

    Double edged sword it is.....listen to what your heart says <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB...u r right!! our intuition can never be wrong n my intuition says i shud meet him...so i wll :))
    thnx dear :))

    btw...i so wantd to write to u aftr reading ur post...but cudnt locate ur mail id :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know everything is going well:)
    And Chintan, won't the BFF remain the BFF?:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ PeeVee...thnx sweetie :))
    @ Anuj...THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete